Teaching isn’t easy…
Between lesson plans, grading papers, assessments, emails, conferences…and I haven’t even mentioned actually teaching the lessons!
Have you ever said to yourself…
- If there was only more time in the day…
- I don’t know how to keep up with everything.
- My students are calling out and interrupting my lessons.
- I have no idea what I’m doing.
If you’re shaking your head yes to any of these, then you’re in the right place!
I’m Rachel Vincent, and it’s my passion to help new teachers discover how to run an efficient and effective classroom so they can THRIVE during their first years of teaching.
As a little girl, I dreamed of being a teacher. However, my first years in the classroom were nothing like I expected them to be. It left me heartbroken and discouraged, and honestly, I felt like a failure. I couldn’t seem to get a handle on how to run a classroom effectively. Managing a classroom full of 25+ different personalities, with different learning styles, and capabilities was something I wasn’t able to do. I stumbled through my first 4 years of teaching and almost quit.
That summer, I learned as much as possible about becoming a better teacher. It didn’t happen immediately, it took a lot of reading and researching and sleepless nights over several years
But I can now say…I LOVE being a teacher! I love my job, I love my students, and I love knowing how to run an effective classroom.
And now, I want to share all of that with you!
I want you to feel the same way! You can discover what took me too many years to learn. I want your first years of teaching to be successful. Become the teacher you were made to be. You too can thrive in the classroom! And you can get started today by downloading the Classroom Management Guidebook.
And if you’re still reading, here are some fun extras all about me:
- I am 5’10” and have been for like ever! When I was younger, I was self-conscience about it, but I really began to embrace it in high school and now it’s one of the things I love about myself.
- I live for reality tv!! It’s my guilty pleasure! The Bachelor/ette, Survivor, Big Brother, Dancing With the Stars, Southern Charm…it’s an obsession!
- I also live for F.R.I.E.N.D.S!! I cannot relay in words my love for this show! It manifests itself in my life daily! You can read about some of my obsessions here.
- You can find me traveling as much as possible! NYC is my favorite city, but I’ve also been to Israel, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Mexico. I also love exploring the Blue Ridge Mountains in upstate South Carolina.
- My faith and family are my cornerstones! They keep me grounded and real. I wouldn’t be who I am today without either of them!